23.6.07

Embroidery/ Vohvelitöitä



This week I saw in Vasilisa's blog a great book of embroidering to the waffle fabrics. That is something what we did at the school in the seventies. When I started my life as a stay-at-home-mum 5 years ago, I recognized, I might have some time to do volunteer work. Because of children being home with me, I could use some of my crafting time to do something for raising money to disabled childrens school.


Mostly I have done cards for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, etc.. Then I remembered these waffle fabrics. First I made towels for Yule Tide bazaar two years ago. That was a big success and since then I have made every now and then towels for the schools little shop where they have stuff made by children themselves and also some stuff from outside.



Vasilisan blogissa oli tällä viikolla vohvelitöistä pieni juttu. Noita töitä muistan tehneeni seitsemänkymmentä luvulla koulussa. Nämä samat vohvelityöt tulivat takaisin elämääni pari vuotta sitten kun tarvitsin idean mitä tehdä vanhan ajan joulumarkkinoille auttaakseni paikallista kehitysvammaisten koulua keräämään rahaa. Joulumarkkinat olivat menestys. Sen jälkeen olen tehnyt pyyhkeitä myös koulun kauppaan myyntiin. Pääasiassa kaupan tuotteet ovat lasten itsensä valmistamia.


My mother has done "waffle works" in early sixties and her piece of fabric was the idea of everything.
Samoihin aikoihin tyttärenikin innostui neulasta ja langasta. Valitettavasti en löytänyt patalappuja kuvattavaksi. Ylläoleva kuva on äitini tekemä mallikappale, josta kaikki sai alkunsa.

Edit: I could not get this link system to work. It's my fault- need to read instructions one more time. Sorry! Joku linkityksessä ei mennytkään niin kuin piti. Pahoittelen! Yritän löytää ratkaisun.




No comments: