14.8.07

Flea market founds


Some old books.Thank you Cia from Olivelund (cia11.wordpress.com) who told about her favourite flea market. I was thinking to use these books for my crafting projects but now I have a feeling I can't destroy these lovely old books.Books are not the first edition or any special in that way, not in a good shape but I just can't do it - can't rip off a page. Neither to clip off any picture. Like those beautiful paintings.

This book of carpets I bought for my mother. We have ragcarpets (sorry,not sure what is real name for these carpets in English) made by mum. I just like the simplicity with them. Easy to wash, easy to use. The book is from 1958. I like the cover picture.


Like quite many in this lovely blog world, I am addict to granny squares.For me it is a big deal. After finishing the very first square, I jump up and down ( not really) but anyway I was so proud of myself - I did it! My backround - I'm left-handed.By the time I was at school, my teacher thought I'm hopeless what it comes with knitting, sewing, not even mention about chrochet..But now after more than 20 years, I have showed it to myself - I can do it! A great big thanks to mother.Without my mother's kind help, I could not have done any.



Kirjalöytöjä kirpputorilta.Ihania,vanhoja kirjoja, joita ajattelin käytettäväksi talven askarteluprojekteissa.Vielä en ole voinut repäistä sivua tahi leikata kuvia.En vain voi.Räsymattokirjan ostin äidilleni.Meillä on kaikki matot äitini kutomia ja ovat ehdottomasti suosikkejani.Helppo pestä,helppo käyttää.

Isoäidin ruudut ovat vallanneet vähäisen vapaa-aikani.Saatuani ensimmäisen ruudun valmiiksi,olin onnesta sekaisin.Ensimmäistä kertaa elämässäni sain jotain virkattua! Suurkiitos äiti!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...äntligen fick jag se vad du köpte på loppiset! Jag har väntat otåligt.....Vad roligt att du också hittade något där, jag älskar platsen. Roligt att se att du hittade böcker och jag håller helt med dej om att de ser så vackra ut att jag skulle inte heller vilja klippa något ur dem. Jättefin pärmbild på trasmatteboken! Och du, du har ett väldans fint handarbete!

pikkujutut said...

Cia: Men det här vad inte allt :).Lisää myöhemmin jahka saan kerättyä kaikki kasaan.Nähtävää liian paljon.Sinä onnellinen, joka pääset sinne usein! Paikka on loistava,herrat kassalla aivan ihania ja kyllä oli mukava kuulla tuttua "sekakieltä".Ja tack tack!

Anonymous said...

Ahaa det kommer mer, va bra! Visst är de härliga gentlemännen i kassan?! Varje gång jag har junior med mej så brukar han få nån liten sak ur deras låda med småsaker. Bor vi nära varandra? Eller är du hemma härifrån "mina" trakter?

pikkujutut said...

Lådan..juu, vi fick också..Sommarens bästa loppis! Min man kommer från dina trakten och vi har sommarhus där.Och jag har ju bott 8 år där på 90-talet.(Itseasiassa kun seisot kirppiksen portailla selkä seinään päin, näet kerrostalon,jossa asuin ;).)